The Board of Directors
The Academy Board consists of members appointed or elected by various bodies and groups.
The Board meets every month and in addition there are specific sub-committees to deal with Finance, staffing and curriculum and general purposes (buildings). There is also an admissions and appeals committee.
The Directors work with the Principal, staff and parents to ensure that the children receive the best education possible within a happy and secure environment.
The Board report on what has happened during the year and discuss any other matters concerning the school. Directors are also trustees of the charitable trust which governs the academy.
The Trustees are responsible for:-
- The general conduct of the school.
- Discipline in consultation with the Principal.
- Overseeing the way the Curriculum is taught in school.
- Making decisions about other aspects of the curriculum such as Sex Education.
- Deciding how the money allocated to run the school is spent.
- Interviewing and appointing members of the teaching staff.
- Making information available to parents.
They act as a critical friend to the staff and whilst wanting the school to be at the top of any league tables of performance, it is more important that all children develop to their full potential and have fond memories of their time at Bamford.
Members of the Board of Trustees
- Mr Adrian Powell – Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Mrs Jackie Kirby – Vice Chair of Trustees
- Ms Lisa Matthews – Principal
- Mrs Michele Lewis – Deputy Headteacher
- Mr Steve Mitchell – Parent Governor
- Mr Phil Leak – Staff Governor
- Mrs Samantha Chorlton- Stansfield- School Business Manager
- Mr Joe Shepherd – Staff Governor
- Mrs Sandra Ashworth- Parent Governor
- Mr Umesh Patel – Co-Opted Governor – Business
- Mrs Jean Bennett – Governor
- Miss Lucy Stocker – Clerk to the Trustees
Register of Business InterestsGovernance Disclosure
Roles & Responsibilities 2017 – 2018